Men and Boys: Preventing Sexual and Intimate Partner Violence
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Men and Boys: Preventing Sexual and Intimate Partner Violence by the National Sexual Violence Resource Center and the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence (July 2012)
This Special Collection provides resources for anti-violence programs to increase their capacity to engage men and boys in their work to end violence against women.
- explores the social construction of masculinity and the impact that pro-feminist men can have on advancing the anti-violence movement;
- provides a framework for evaluating program readiness to support male engagement;
- examines “hot topics” for engaging men in primary prevention work;
- reviews how violence shapes the lives of men and boys; and
- discusses privilege, leadership, and accountability as it relates to the work of men in the anti-violence movement.